SOLSC – 24/31

Two hours has passed and boredom is beginning to sink in. Our movie only ended about five minutes ago but in those five minutes we were quick to realize how dull this situation is. We sprawl uncomfortably across our seats, trying to think of something, anything, that we could do to pass the time. For a while we settle for staring out the window, marveling at the strange power-lines along the roads in Indiana, but the temporary excitement soon passed. I opt to writing my slice while my brothers doze off against the window.
Soon enough we feel the car coming to a stop. The mention of food and a bathroom break is enough to wake the boys. I hastily unbuckle as soon as we park, growing more and more claustrophobic by the second. As my brothers take their sweet time to get out of the car, preventing me from exiting, I feel as though my body is going to explode.
“Move!” I cry out in exasperation, desperately needing to get out of the cramped car.
Cadin shoots a glare my way, yet picks up the pace. He climbs out with me right on his heels.
“Thank you.”
We go inside for maybe ten minutes before returning to the claustrophobic car. We would be stuck there for the next five hours. With any luck, we would find a way to vanquish the boredom.

3 thoughts on “SOLSC – 24/31

1. Aww I hate the claustrophobic feeling. At least you knew there was fun things to come!! I love the shout at your brother, it makes the situation seem more urgent. I hope the ride back is more fun and that you found something to take up time.

2. Long car rides are the worst!! I hate how long they take and how cagey they make you feel. I think you perfectly captured the element of both boredom and frustration within the car ride!