SOLSC – 23/31

I trudged down the long driveway, cold rain running off of my hood and down my forehead. The wind stung my watering eyes, forcing me to hastily blink away tears that were rapidly forming. My brother and I must have resembled the hunchback of Notre Dame as we leaned forwards with our large backpacks, attempting to shield our faces from the merciless wind. I forced myself to put one foot in front of the other, shivering as fat drops of rain soaked into my jeans and coat. My coat had turned to a new darker shade of purple and my wet pants rubbed uncomfortably against my skin with each step. By the time we reached the porch, the unprotected ends of my hair hung in ringlets and my coat and backpack dripped water. I let out a huge sigh when we stepped into the warm sheltered house.

“Hot chocolate?” My brother asked.

One thought on “SOLSC – 23/31

1. I absolutely love this description because you captured the harshness of the situation perfectly. I love “my coat had turned to a new darker shade of purple”. It’s something I often don’t notice, but really helped pull the setting together. I’m still jealous!😜